My kingdom should always be a fun and safe place for you to play. For this reason, I recommend that all of my AHTI People keep track of their gambling habits. Being self-aware of your gaming can help you address any potential problems, so you can quickly get the help you need.
Take my fast and simple self-assessment test now and any time you like to help you stay aware of your gambling habits.
- Have you ever bet more than you could afford to lose?
- After losing, have you ever tried to win back your losses?
- After winning and leaving the casino, have you ever had the strong urge to return to win more?
- Have you ever gambled until all of your money was gone?
- Have you ever gambled money that should have been used for paying bills?
- Have you ever borrowed money to finance your gambling?
- Have you ever sold something to finance your gambling?
- Have you ever broken the law or thought about breaking the law to finance your gambling?
- Have you ever been reluctant to use money for gambling that was needed for normal expenses?
- Have you ever gambled for the purpose of wanting to win money to meet your financial obligations?
- Do you usually gamble for longer than you planned?
- Have you ever gambled to escape reality (e.g. feelings of boredom, loneliness, grief, loss, worry, etc.)?
- Has gambling ever made your home life unhappy?
- Has your gambling ever caused financial problems for you and/or for anyone else in your household?
- Have you ever lost sleep because of gambling or because you were thinking about gambling?
- Has gambling ever caused any health problems, such as anxiety, stress or depression?
- Have you ever experienced feelings of depression or suicide due to gambling losses?
- Have you ever felt guilty or remorseful after gambling?
- Has anyone ever told you that they think you have a gambling problem, regardless of whether or not you believe them?
- Have you ever felt that you might have a problem with gambling?
If you responded “Yes” to any of the above questions (even only one question), please get in touch with one of the trusted organizations specializing in gambling awareness that I have listed on my Responsible Gaming page, here.